Jobs/Small Business Concerns
Out of work? Own a small business? Apply right away for one of the following:
- Unemployment from Job Closure - Unemployment Insurance
- Unemployment from Illness (yours or a loved one's) - Temporary Disability/Caregiver Insurance (one-page explanation of each situation/benefit)
- RI Hospitality Employee Relief Fund - Request relief funds for groceries, utility bills, child care, etc.
- COVID 19 Workplace Fact Sheet
COVID-19 Testing for People without Symptoms- For Rhode Islanders who work in close-contact settings.
- Small Business Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
Learning About COVID-19/Coronavirus
- RI COVID-19 Information- Alerts and latest guidance from the RI Department of Health (RIDOH).
- COVID-19 Testing for the General Public
- CDC General Guidance and Information
- CDC Preparation and Prevention Resources
- World Health Organization Guide
- City of Providence - FAQs
- NAACP COVID 19 Unmasked Virtual Town Hall Series- health, economic, and social impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the African American community.
COVID-19 in Context: News Coverage and News Literacy in Uncertain Times- webinar series from URI's Metcalf Institute
Health and Family Concerns
- Providence Community Health Centers - COVID-19 testing and other resources.
- RhodeIsland V COVID-19 - Comprehensive, user-friendly site on where to go for help.
- COVID-19: Getting Health Coverage and Health Care - Information on Medicaid and HealthSource RI.
- Families First: COVID 19 Toolkit
- HealthSource RI
- You can get your prescriptions delivered for free by CVS, Walgreens, and the local Green Line Apothecary.
- Does your baby need diapers? Search for organizations distributing free ones for those in need.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse issues? COntact BH Link crisis line and other resources.
- List of virtual AA meetings for those in recovery.
- How to stay safe/help survivors stay safe in situations of domestic violence.
- Economic Progress RI Guide to Assistance - Income Supports, Food Assistance, Health Care, Child Care, Housing, Utilities and Tax Credits.
- RI Coalition for the Homeless - FAQ on evictions, meal sites, shelters, sanitation stations.
- Office of Healthy Aging - Resources for older adults.
- RI Office of Healthy Aging - City and town locations for services for older adults.
- Age Friendly RI Virtual Community Center - Online technology classes, virtual fitness and mindfulness, arts and culture.
- Housing Help RI - If you lost income recently and need help paying back rent, late fees, or moving-related costs, please check out this new resource and fill out the screening form as soon as possible.
- RI Student Loan Authority - Get assistance if your income has been affected by COVID-19.
- Grab and Go Meals for Students - List is from the RI Department of Health; sites listed providing food through various dates in August.
- Meals on Wheels for homebound seniors age 60+ who are unable to make nutritious meals for themselves due to physical or psychological limitations
- RI Community Food Bank
- Rhode Island Food Assistance List (Map)
- RI Delivers - Connection to help those living in quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19.
- Local Farm Food Delivery and Curbside Pickup
- Diocese Offering Stop & Shop Gift Cards to People Temporarily Out of Work
- Be wary of price gouging and scams (ex: hand sanitizer, toilet paper), and report instances to the RI Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 401-274-4400 or filling out this online form.
- Protect yourself from scams and frauds
Utilities and Cellular Plans
- National Grid Service & Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Low-income families with kids K-12 can apply for a reduced rate high speed internet through Cox plus for those who qualify due to Cox Coronavirus (COVID-19) response | Spanish
Government Action Items & Voting
To Donate *
- Blood (urgent need)
- Medical Supplies
- Supplies for People Experiencing Homelessness
- AMOR Supply Donation Sign-Up Sheet
*Check out Charity Navigator to ensure that your chosen organization is reputable and that your donated money/materials are being distributed appropriately
Providence Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Ward 1 (Downtown & Southern East Side)
- Ward 3 (Northern East Side)
- Ward 12 (Smith Hill)
- Ward 13 (Federal Hill & West End)
- Project HELLO A volunteer-based effort that connects isolated older adults who are in need of socialization to friendly volunteers via the telephone.
Learn Something New!
- Read at Home with eBooks and more!
- AskRI.org's robust suite of online resources will continue to be available to all Rhode Island residents 24/7. Includes Flipster, a virtual magazine stand; and Udemy, which offers more than 4,000 video courses!
- Coursera - Free online courses for high school and college students, career development, technology, public health, hobbies, and new interests.
- Learn a language with Mango Languages at AskRI.org! (Setting up an account is required.)
- Our wonderful partners, FabNewport, offer online classes!
WGBH Distance Learning Center for educators and families. Resources are listed by grade level.
Age Friendly RI - Online technology classes, virtual fitness and mindfulness, arts, and culture.
- Instructables - A community for people who like to make things. Come explore, share, and make your next project with us!
- Providence Public Library offers an array or virtual programs, including Learning Lounge coaching in reading, writing and math; learning English; and computer literacy and job search skills.
- Ivy League Online - Free online courses from Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Yale.
- URI Cooperative Extension - Free webinars from the URI College of the Environment and Life Sciences.
Local/Regional Virtual Attractions
- New England Aquarium - Live streaming viewings.presentations and at-home projects
- The Wilbury Theatre Group - Olneyville-based company, streaming performances and workshops.
- Providence Public Library and the Rhode Island Historical Society have extensive online collections of photos, documents and other materials related to local history.