Calling children age 6-12 years! WRITE and ILLUSTRATE an original story in English and Spanish, then CREATE a real, bound book with the help of our free workshops!
ENTER the contest by April 15, 2016 for chance to WIN prizes!
Winners will be presented their awards at the Dia de los Niños/ Dia de los libros Celebration where there will be fun, crafts, workshops and refreshments, plus a short performance of Shakespeare in Spanish, especially adapted for children Saturday, April 30, 2016 • 2:00–5:00 pm Knight Memorial Library, 275 Elmwood Ave
- Entries will be accepted in three age categories: 6-8 yrs, 9-10 yrs, 11-12 yrs.
- A first and second prize will be awarded in each age category.
- Write your own story and create drawings to go on each page.
- All stories and artwork must be completely original and unpublished.
- Stories must be typewritten in English and Spanish.
- Book must be 5–10 pages in length.
- Cover sheet must include: book title; author’s name, address, phone number and date of birth; If applicable: name of school or daycare, grade level, and teacher’s name.
- To ENTER contest: mail or bring entry by April 15 to: Carolina Briones, South Providence Library 441 Prairie Avenue, Providence 02905
These workshops are a collaboration with Providence Community Library, the Newport Art Museum, and RI State Council of the Arts-funded artist Cathren Housley