Providence Preservation Society’s 2017 festival will focus on the opulent architecture of the Upper Elmwood Historic District and the magnificent Knight Memorial Library, which opened in 1900, features in the program.
The Library, which is at 275 Elmwood Avenue, hosts two Spring Lectures ahead of the Festival: The Knights of Elmwood by PCL Board member Deborah del Gais, on May 10 at 6:00PM and Historic Elmwood Houses: An Architect’s View Inside and Out by Jim Barnes, on May 24 at 6:00PM. The walking tour of the historic properties, which normally are not open to the public, takes place on Saturday, June 3, with check-ins starting at Knight Memorial Library at 9;45AM. The properties are open for tours 10:00AM-4:00PM. For more information about the Festival, visit www.ppsri.org.