- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- This is a good time to avoid hugs and handshakes. Choose a friendly nod, smile or wave as a greeting.
- If you feel unwell with cold symptoms or a flu-like illness, please stay home.
Here is an information sheet about Covid-19 in English and Spanish from the center of Disease Control (CDC). The video below offers helpful tips on washing your hands efficiently. Finally, here's a helpful article about how to talk to your kids about the coronavirus.
Let's all play our part in limiting the transmission of COVID-19, flu and all infectious diseases by following this good advice. The State of Rhode Island Department of Health has a more information about Covid-19 here and people with questions about COVID-19 can call 401-222-8022.