Stop at Knight Memorial, Mount Pleasant, Smith Hill or Washington Park Library and check out a pocket-size WiFi device (Hotspot) that allows you to use the Internet on your computer or other wireless device for free!
- Patron must be 18 years or older, have a current library card and valid photo ID, and be in good standing with the library.
Patron must make a $20.00 deposit at the library when checking out the Hotspot. The deposit will be refunded to the borrower when the Hotspot is returned in working condition. Any late fines incurred during this time will be deducted from the deposit.
- Loan period of 1 week.
- No renewals.
- Late fee of $5.00/day.
- Patron must sign a user agreement.
- Hotspots must be checked out and returned to a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
- All components of the Hotspot must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Because a Hotspot device is fragile, if it is found returned in the book drop, the user will be charged a $25.00 fine.
- If the Hotspot is one month overdue, the Library will blacklist it—which will make the device unusable. I understand that I will pay the replacement fee for the device, and all associated costs.
- The replacement cost for the Hotspot cable and/or plug is $5.00 each.
- The replacement cost of the Hotspot itself is $120.00.
- Data range is configured for optimum use in Providence only.
Take home the Internet...but you better not break it!
...as it occurred on the IT Crowd. Highly recommended video for a few laughs!