- To request materials (limit 3-5 items), library users with a Providence Community Library or Ocean State Libraries card can reserve online through the Ocean State Libraries Catalog or call any Providence Community Library location during service hours (see table below for details).
- Please have your library card number ready when you call.
- If you need a library card, go to https://www.oslri.org/application to apply for a temporary digital library card which will be replaced with a physical card when public libraries reopen.
- When you call, a pick-up time will be scheduled for you for the items that are on the shelf in that building.
- When arriving at the pick-up location at your scheduled time, call the library's telephone number and staff will bring materials outside.
- Please remain in your cars, or wait behind the designated line (i.e., if walking, biking, or taking public transportation) to maintain the recommended safe distance between people, as recommended by the Rhode Island Department of Health.
- If possible, just one family representative should come to the library to limit the number of people near the building.
- Limited contactless delivery to homes in Providence may also be available. Seniors, parents who cannot leave the house, residents with health concerns, and individuals in quarantine may request books using the same procedure. Delivery will be made to homes – observing safe social distancing – whenever possible.
Call the closest participating Providence Community Library to your home during the designated call hours.
Materials may be returned any time.