Our Limited Library Services
All locations open regular scheduled hours.
SPECIAL NOTE: In the case of a snowstorm or other bad weather event, please check our website or our social media pages to make sure we are open as scheduled before you leave home.
Providence Community Library will continue to offer slightly reduced services in line with state guidelines throughout the Holiday period.
Here's what you need to know about Providence Community Library's services during the Pause.
All Providence Community Library locations will open regular scheduled hours for essential services, except for South Providence Library, which will be closed during the Pause. We recommend that you keep in-person visits to the library as brief as possible at this time and use contactless services, such as curbside pickup, whenever possible.
Inside the Library
- Visits to browse and checkout materials, pick up holds, or access print, copy and fax services, are limited to 15 minutes.
- Public computer lab sessions are limited to 30 minutes, with no extensions on time.
- Wireless printing: Send your print job to your library and pick it up curbside or at the circulation desk (printing fees apply)
- Notary service (free of charge) at Rochambeau and Knight Memorial: call the library for availability.
- Curbside pickup: Call your library during scheduled hours to request materials and they will be ready for you at the door.
- Activity kits-to-go (available at some locations) may be collected in-person or curbside.
- There will be NO in-person, outdoor programs but virtual library programs will continue. Some new programs will premiere during the Holiday period: see our calendar and visit our YouTube channel for more.
- Stream movies, audiobooks, e-books, and comics anytime, anywhere via Hoopla, Kanopy, and the Ocean State Libraries E-Zone.
- There will be NO in-person, outdoor programs during the Pause.
- Strong, free public WiFi will continue to be available outdoors, 24 hours a day.
In All Areas
- Wear a mask, remain socially distanced (at least six feet apart) from other people, wash your hands or use the sanitizers provided.
- If you are feeling sick - don't visit the library. Stay home.