PCL Needs More Hours. With YOUR Help, We Can Make it Happen!
We simply need to spend more time together.
That’s the message from you, our valued library users. That’s why we’re asking you for your help to tell Mayor Elorza and the Providence City Council that Providence deserves #MoreHoursforPCL!
PCL needs additional funds to expand its hours during the week and on weekends in order to provide the much-needed services and programs requested by residents across the City.
There are four ways to help:
- Leave a short message for Mayor Jorge Elorza by calling (401) 421-2489. Phone calls/messages are the most impactful way you can help us; library staff can provide you with suggestions for what to say or you can use this script as a guide.
- Complete a simple postcard (available in libraries) that will be delivered to City Hall;
- Add your name and comment to this online iPetition;
- Ask your friends, family and neighbors to help as well!
Key messages for the Mayor we have gathered so far include:
- PCL locations should be open more evenings – when people tend to have more free time and are not at work or school;
- PCL library users NEED more access to free computers, internet and WiFi – for school work, business and communicating with family;
- Expanded hours at weekends would enable entire families to enjoy library activities together for the first time;
- Families with infants and young children urgently need more preschool programs on weekday mornings;
- With limited places to go in many neighborhoods, the library offers so many possibilities in one safe place to spend free time.
Lend your voice and signature to the #MoreHoursforPCL campaign. Ask Mayor Elorza and the City Council to provide more funding for PCL, so we can provide more hours and resources for you and all the people of Providence.