Salary: $27.88 per hour
Hours: Full time w/Benefits
Posted: May 7, 2018
Deadline: External applications accepted until the position is filled.
Providence Community Library is seeking a Systems Coordinator who will supervise staff at the Rochambeau library. S/he will successfully manage staff, volunteers, security, and work studies. The position requires creating a professional, team oriented, and productive working environment, as well as an open, inviting atmosphere for library users. S/he will be responsible for the successful delivery of all library services in the building, including collection maintenance, programming, marketing and outreach, and information and readers advisory.
The Systems Coordinator will be responsible for managing circulation and customer service procedures and polices across the PCL system. S/he will consult with staff, update policies and procedures, and research and implement innovations and trends in the areas of circulation and customer service. The Rochambeau Systems Coordinator will work together with other Systems Coordinators and library administrators to synchronize services for the whole of PCL.
Systems Coordinators serve on the administration team and are responsible for mentoring, supervising, and supporting all public service staff in all library locations, including, but not limited to, situations requiring an immediate or timely response.
- Supervises and supports all library staff in their roles; initiates mentoring, professional development, and/or corrective action as needed.
- Directs day-to-day workflow of the library staff, including but not limited to librarian(s), clerks(s), specialist(s), and volunteers. Approves bi-weekly timesheets and schedules temporary staff as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling and arranging coverage, including planned and short notice absences.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting security, maintenance, and custodial issues. This includes training the security guard on PCL procedures. Maintains close communication with the Facilities Department.
- Ensures delivery of successful customer service and impactful programs by responding to community needs.
- Collaborates with community organizations, elected officials, and schools to promote and facilitate their use of the library and to foster strategic partnerships.
- Markets library collections, programs, services and resources.
- Collects, maintains and analyzes library statistics.
- Serves as liaison to the library’s Friends Group.
- Works with other PCL Systems Coordinators, Library Director, and Chief Operating Officer to analyze, plan, and implement neighborhood library services, library layout and design, and facilities upgrades.
- Actively supports teamwork. Conducts meetings as needed to keep staff up to date on policies, procedures and other library developments.
- Reviews effectiveness of library service policies and procedures, recommending updates as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and professional skills in specialty areas of circulation and customer service. Regularly communicates relevant information to PCL staff.
MLS from an ALA accredited program. Five years of professional library experience which includes supervisory management experience with at least 3 years (or equivalent) in a public library setting. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
Send resume, cover letter and three references to:
Maria Melvin, HR Manager, email@example.com, (401) 467-2700 x.1606.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER