Federal Tax Info
- Federal Tax Forms & Instructions | IRS Free File
- Or find forms, publications, information and FAQs by topic using the IRS Tax Map.â€‹
- Braille and Large Print tax forms, instructions, and publications.
State Tax Info & forms
State tax forms are no longer provided to libraries, banks and post offices, so the only way to get them is on the internet or by calling (401) 574-8970
- Rhode Island: http://www.tax.ri.gov/taxforms/ | Free File RI
- Massachusetts: http://www.mass.gov/dor/all-taxes/income/
- Connecticut: http://www.ct.gov/drs/site/default.asp
IMPORTANT: You must show proof of Health Insurance
This year everyone needs to show proof of Health Coverage for the year in order to avoid a penalty. Whether you get your Health Care through the Marketplace or from a small company or a large company. Stay on the lookout for form 1095A, 1095B, or 1095 C. This form is needed in order to file your tax return. It would be issued by your Health Insurance Company, or your employer.
- ITA is a tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with responses to tax law questions.
- Tax Trails is an interactive tool that can help you find answers to general tax questions on deductions, exclusions, tax credits and other tax topics.
- National Taxpayer Advocate Help Line: 1-800-777-4778.
Help with tax preparation
- AARP Foundation Tax Aide Site
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) search by zip
Tax Preparation Assistance for Low and Moderate Income Families and Individuals plus Tax Counseling for the Elderly…get free tax Prep Help
If you have tried to resolve a tax problem with the IRS and are experiencing delays or are facing financial difficulties you may request the assistance of the Taxpayer Advocate. There is at least one Taxpayer Advocate in each state. The Taxpayer Advocate can be your voice at the IRS and the service is FREE. Go online to: www.irs.gov
- At the bottom left of webpage click on "Taxpayer Advocate Service"
- Then click on "Local Taxpayer Advocate"
- Follow through by clicking on "View Local Taxpayer Advocates by state"
- Click on the state of RI and your quest is answered.